Just some random thoughts…
- Hailey just told me she was glad I married her Daddy because he is a chef…yeah, I’m glad too!
- Leah was very upset today because we were not going back to see Madden today (Madden was born on Wednesday and Leah and Hailey got to meet him for the first time yesterday). They would both love to have a little brother…good thing they have Madden!!
- When Leah wants to get our attention she says, “This is SERIOUS!” I love that.
- Hailey reads – a lot. She is particularly fond of the Nancy Drew, Wimpy Kids, and Weird School series. I hope her love of reading stays with her for life. She says her goal is to read faster than me.
- Leah will still hold my hand on the way into work each morning. Holding your child’s hand is such a great way to start your day.
- Leah doesn’t want to go to the center most days lately because she says it “takes to long to go home.”
- My staff are taking orders of things they want Ed to make for future staff lunches. How did I get so lucky?
- Leah will play with her doll house all day. She always wants me to play with her. Last time I was the mom and the dad. “Dad” decided to make cupcakes. Got to keep it real!
- Leah is completely and totally in love with Scooby-Doo. I am most definitely not. Seriously, that is ALL the girl wants to watch when she watches movies.
- Tonight at dinner Hailey made us all name cards and menus. She also wore a high-chair belt thingie my grandmama made as her apron and took our drink orders on a notepad. Love it.
- At 4.5 years old, Leah is exactly an inch taller than Hailey was at the same age.
- My sister sent the girls a Tar Heel rocking chair and stool. They fight over whose turn it is to sit in it. They also fight over who gets to sit with mom and dad. I am so tired of hearing “my spot.”
- Any time Leah finds a coin, she gives it to me so that I can save it “for Disney World and the beach.”
- My children spoil me. My husband spoils me. Again, how did I get so lucky?