When I find something I like, I have this compulsive need to talk about it. To save Lindsay, Ed, and Linda a little (since they are the ones who can’t avoid me on a daily basis), I will tell you, my faithful readers, what my new favorite things are. After writing the majority of this post, I realized that I had already written about some of this…see, I told you I was compulsive!
1. Brickcity Community Church – We officially became members of BCC two weeks ago. We absolutely love this church and are excited to be a part of such a warm and welcoming faith community. If you live in our area and are searching for that “something” in your life, I encourage you to give BCC a try. The sermons are available on the website so you can even listen to the messages before you visit. If you feel uncomfortable walking into a new place where you don’t know anyone, let me know and we can make sure to meet you before church and introduce you to some of the other members. We were really surprised at the number of people we knew that attend BCC. BCC is a place where everyone is welcome and is made to feel welcome. Come early, grab a coffee or a smoothie at the coffee bar and sit back for an experience you won’t soon forget! I will have to admit that I have sat threw many sermons in my life where I was planning lunch, thinking of my to do list, wondering what the next week would bring, etc. Bill Maye is such a great (and funny) speaker that you really find yourself absorbed in what he is saying and there is not a second where my mind wanders to those other things. I am grateful to Amy and Melissa for writing about BCC in their blogs. If it wasn’t for what they said, we might never have given BCC a try. Thanks girls!
2. Quicken Online – Guess what? Quicken is now FREE. In literally minutes, you can go online (safely!) and link ALL of your bank and credit card accounts. You can track expenses, set goals, view trends, get payment reminders, see how much money you have left now and after your next pay day, and so much more. What I love is that I can check ALL of our finances from anywhere! If you don’t have a budget tracking system, I highly recommend you give it a try!
3. Animal Crossing – I think I’ve said enough about this game, but I just had to remind you of how much I love it. I’m a dork, get over it!
4. Our new stainless steel pots and pans and pot rack. These were a Christmas present from Ed’s parents and they look really, really cool in our kitchen. Ed says they cook well too.
5. My Uniball pens with purple ink…see, the small things in life can make me happy, too! They write like a dream and the ink is purple…what more could I ask for?
6. Facebook – Not really a newfavorite thing, but I have made new connections with old friends so it bears repeating. If you aren’t on facebook yet, you really should give it a try. My sister was dragged kicking and screaming into the facebook world and now she understands all the hype, right JoE?
And on another note, in case you didn’t know, High School Musical 3 comes out on DVD February 17th. So for all of you who secretly want to see it but didn’t want to be seen at the movie theaters…mark your calendar…just don’t take my copy!