I had to go to Goldsboro today for a regional managers meeting. It is no secret that I hate meetings and trainings. They give me a headache and sitting still for hours at a time is pure torture for me. The only bright side was getting to spend 4 hours in a car with another manager. We always have fun and laugh a lot. Here are some random thoughts from today:
1. WHY is it okay to almost hit someone and then flip them off when they honk at you to make their presence known? Oh right, it isn’t okay. I’m afraid this might be a you-had-to-be-there-moment but I am going to try and explain it anyway because it made me laugh. We had to go around the room and say our name and share a personal or professional celebration. Another manager celebrated getting to the meeting after getting lost…and in the process mentioned that they were driving in a Mercedes…the car that almost hit us was a Mercedes…they were coming from Fayetteville so they would have been on the same road at the same time…hmmmm.
2. GPS thingies are wonderful, amazing inventions. It is so nice to drive to a meeting without getting lost or turned around!
3. It is sad to get excited to find gas less than $3.80. I feel old. Gas was less than $1.25 a gallon when I started driving.
4. We got into a long conversation about “swingers” in Sanford (OMG, I actually went there). I was pretty shocked when I first found out how popular this lifestyle is in Sanford. Seriously? SANFORD? I know a few couples who are rumoured to be part of this crowd and it makes me wonder how many other people I know. It is also rumored that a popular restaurant in town is the “hub” of this group (or is there maybe more than one group??). If I ate at that restaurant and saw a group of couples dining together, I know I would immediately wonder who they were going home with that night. Although I cannot fathom why someone would want to engage in this lifestyle, I have to admit that I am fascinated with how it all works, how people face each other in public, how this doesn’t negatively effect marriages, how it is possible that you could be attracted to everyone in the group…and if you weren’t, what would you do if you randomly selected someone you didn’t care for? How do you handle knowing your spouse is with someone else? So many things I just can’t wrap my brain around! Are you a Sanford swinger? Feel free to make up a fake email and name and comment! We’d love to hear from you!
Just so we are perfectly and crystal clear….we don’t have any interest in EVER engaging in this type of activity. I’m sure our spouses will be relieved to know that!
5. Someday our daughters will be making out with boys. Scary.
6. Somehow we started talking about peanut butter balls. I have fond memories of making peanut butter balls. I even remember putting a little confectioners sugar in a bowl and mixing in a spoonful of peanut butter…instant gratification!
7. Why would you build a house that easily cost a million or more right on the highway?
Obviously there was a lot more that we talked about, but that is all I am willing to share!