Hailey is the Terrific Kid for her class this week. She is the last one in her class to be chosen because you had to have not moved your apple all week in order to be chosen. She got to choose 5 things to take to school in the TK bag. Here is what she chose:
- First Tracks by Johnny Boyd – a children’s book about learning to ski that we got in Park City, Utah when Hailey learned to ski.
- Her “Bear” that she has had since she was a baby. This bear was given to a friend of ours at a baby shower that Hailey and I attended when Hailey was just starting to pull up. The friend had already received several of these bears and so she let Hailey have it. The two immediately became inseparable.
- Her sketch book – the cover of her sketch book is actually a color self-portrait she did of herself.
- A picture of our family with Cinderella when we had lunch at Cinderella’s Royal Table inside the castle.
- Her Carolina Kids Club basketball
Hailey is very excited about getting to sit in the bean bag in the classroom and in the booth at lunch.
Hailey has been moved to a seat by herself when the kids are doing seat work. Hopefully this will keep her out of trouble. She has mastered the first grade words and is on to the second grade words. She tells me all the time that she is bored. I think she really likes the math papers they are doing now because it is something different from writing letters and identifying the sounds.
Today was picture day…I hope they got a real smile out of her and not her fake smile!