1. My mom let me choose what I wanted for dinner AND she made homemade cinnamon rolls AND two cakes AND sourdough bread.
2. My Heels won (although I almost had a heart attack in the last few seconds).
Photo by Robert Willett, N&O
3. For the only time in our lifetimes (and only for the next month), I am exactly half as old as my dad (my 32 to his 64).
4. I was in Raleigh when a funnel cloud was spotted heading towards Lee County. It was stressful, but not nearly as nerve-wracking as if I had been home. I am petrified of tornadoes.
5. Yesterday was also one year from the day that we walked into our current house for the first time. Ed was holding out on letting me go see it because we had not even put our house on the market yet, but when I asked to go see it for my birthday, how could he resist? It was love at first sight and a few months later, it was ours!
And TODAY is a great day because Ed proposed to me 11 years ago today.