Emily Page’s VIP Customers and Hostesses
There is a lot of excitement going on with Thirty-One right now! Awesome incentives for new consultants, hostess specials, fabulous customer specials, and so much more! Stay in the know by joining my VIP group! Simply follow the link and click “join group” up at the top right!
January 14, 2014
Tagged 2014, customer special, double hostess credit, february, hostess of the month, hostess rewards, hostess special, incentive, january, join, join thirty-one, march, opportunity, rebate, Thirty-One
Last year Ed and I earned the Leadership Incentive Trip and traveled to Cancun, Mexico. I didn’t know what to expect and was beyond thrilled with every aspect of the trip. We met some incredible friends who will now be like family for life, I got to snorkel for the first time, we zip-lined into water, we renewed our vows by the water, we ate incredible food, and spent hours upon hours sitting in the pool with friends. I can tell you this – once you earn one trip, you never want to miss another one! We set our sights on the Punta Cana and broke the requirements down by month to ensure that we would earn our seat in the sand! Thanks to fabulous customers, family, team members, and friends, we were able to travel all-expenses paid to gorgeous Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. It was yet another incredible experience and the time spent with friends and each other was beyond priceless!
As if the trip wasn’t enough, these are the free gifts we received!
For several reasons, I recently made the decision to throw out my prescription drugs and fight my fibromyalgia more naturally. I was diagnosed with fibro when I was 16. In the 21 years since, I have taken more prescriptions than I care to remember. I can’t even begin to think about the amount of money my parents and I spent on these drugs without feeling slightly ill…especially when you think of the fact that some of the drugs were to counteract the side effects of other drugs. I have taken prescriptions for pain, nausea, migraines, reflux, insomnia, etc. I have swallowed pills, gagged on liquid medication and received injections. One particular migraine injection even had my youngest daughter down on her knees crying and praying that I would survive because I cried out from the insane pain and blood gushed from the injection site. Side effects have been too numerous to list. To say it felt great to say “no more” would be an understatement. I am not against prescriptions. They have their place and they are very much needed in this world. However, they are not without drawbacks and dangers and I am happy to have them mostly gone from my life. I say mostly because I will not rule out the possibility of taking prescriptions to get out of a particularly bad flare-up or to deal with a migraine but I am saying “no” to side effects and not feeling like myself mentally and “yes” to taking better care of myself as naturally as possible. I have chosen to deal with pain over feeling like I am slowly destroying my body physically and mentally. Eliminating the foods I am intolerant/allergic too has helped as has PRAYER and working from home on MY schedule. My biggest prayer is for energy. I want to be PRESENT in 2014. I want to be mentally and physically able to make this the best year ever! My family, my friends, and my Thirty-One team give so much to me and I want to be the best me I can for them and for me!
Fibromyalgia is not an easy life long partner to deal with. However, there is something about knowing that you are putting YOURSELF in charge and NOT your diagnosis. Fibro does not control me. Never again.
Our life group meets once a week in our home and it is one of the highlights of my week. Our conversation this week included talk about how to stay positive even when things aren’t going the way you think they should. We all have a choice when we are faced with challenges. We can choose to wallow in self pity and spread our negativity to those around us or we can choose to have an attitude of gratitude and praise God that He is in control and thank Him for the blessings He has given us. There are two sayings I have heard recently that I really loved. One was questioned how we can expect God to provide us with more blessings if we haven’t shown gratitude for the blessings we have already been given. The other was, “what if we woke up tomorrow with only the things we thanked God for today?” Pretty powerful and convicting.
When our kids grumble about the things they can’t have we try to teach them to put things into perspective and to realize just how very blessed they are. Honestly, I would prefer that my children feel deprived than feel entitled. (and by deprived I mean of the things that “everyone else at school has”, not basic necessities!)
We all have Negative Nellies and Debbie Downers in our life. You know who I’m talking about. You immediately saw a picture of this person in your mind, I know you did! These are the people that need Jesus in their lives most of all. I can’t imagine how miserable your life must be to make you find something negative in every situation, to make you complain about everything from the weather to your co-workers, to how you slept the night before. You can give these people a raise and they’ll complain about why a bonus would have been better. You can bring them a treat and they’ll tell you they are on a diet. I’m sure I annoy the heck out of the Nellies and the Debbie when I respond with, “well, at least…” Life is so much happier when you look on the bright side and search for the silver lining instead of focusing on the storm cloud or looking over your shoulder waiting for the other shoe to drop.
How do you respond to adversity in your life? Do you complain and turn your back on God or do you have an attititude of gratitude and ask Him to walk with you and guide you to a better path?
My sister said something to me recently that I had never heard before but absolutely loved. She said (and I’m paraphrasing here) she had looked at the end of her book and she knew how her story ended and the ending was pretty awesome so the little bumps along the way just weren’t that imprtant. When you are feeling stressed and unhappy and like nothing is going your way, give it up to God. That’s what He is there for. He WANTS you to lean on Him. You are NOT in control and there is nothing you can do to take complete control of your life. Give it over to Him, Pray, Step Back, and have FAITH that He is in control and that he LOVES you and will not fail you if you will just believe.
It has been awhile since I have written down any Haileyisms or Leahisms and that makes me sad. I used to print a photo calendar each year and then would write notes on the dates which helped me to remember to document funny sayings and conversations. It’s a shame that I got out of that practice.
Leah has this quiet, dry humor that sneaks up on you. I really am not sure if she even knows how funny she is being at times. Ed, Leah, and I were standing in the hall and Leah was talking to us. Somehow we got off of what she was saying and Ed and I started talking. Leah waited patiently but as soon as we were done she said in the funniest adult voice, “noooow back to me”. I know that it doesn’t really translate well in the written world because you can’t hear how she said it so you have to trust me that it was hilarious! And now it’s documented so it is a fun moment we won’t forget!
Posted in Thirty-One
I frequently get asked about the apps I use for my business so I decided to put all my thoughts in one place. I’ve also included my other favorite apps, including the ones my kids like to play when they can pry my ipad out of my hands! I LOVE my ipad and when I can’t sleep at night, I often pass the time looking for new apps.
FOR DIRECT SALES
- Checkout Helper – This is the primary app I use to calculate my Thirty-One orders. I like the look of it and it is simple and easy to read. Before using the app for the first time, you program your shipping and tax rates so you only have to enter the product prices when you are calculating an order. There is a running “tape” that shows you every entry you have made so you can quickly double check all the prices that you have entered. You can also quickly add a discount. There is even a function that allows you to run reports! You can view all transactions or summaries by day, month, quarter, or year. There are times when I need a basic calculator and it is frustrating to have to leave the app, open the calculator app, and then go back. myConsultant DOES have a built-in pop-out calculator that doesn’t disrupt the order you are calculating but I still prefer Checkout Helper.
- myConsultant – Although I personally prefer Checkout Helper, myConsultant has lots of great features! There are two components to the app, myCalc and myMileage. The myCalc component allows you to program your shipping and tax rates as well as an additional shipping charge (this is great for Thirty-One consultants because we have a $4 direct ship charge if the customer would like the order shipped directly to their home instead of to the hostess). You can even enter the percentage you earn for commission and it will show you how much commission you are earning on that order (This is optional.) The myMileage component is great for tracking mileage! It allows you to enter your purpose, start/end odometer readings, and fees. This information can be exported to your email. Overall, I think this is an awesome app for all direct sales consultants!
- 30/30 – Have a lot to do and a short amount of time? Do you like tackling tasks the Flylady way? Let’s say you have one hour and you want to get the most out of that power hour by breaking up your tasks. You can set what tasks you want to accomplish, how long you want to work on those tasks, and what order you want to tackle the tasks. When you are ready, you simply touch the dial and your time starts. An example of a power hour might include 10 minutes returning emails, 30 minutes making customer care cals, and 20 minutes touching base with your team through phone calls, emails, or cards. At the end of each time period, the app will chime letting you know it is time to move on to the next task. Because you know you only have a limited time to spend on each task, you are more likely to give your undivided, focused attention to the task without getting distracted by the other things you need to do. Of course, it is also a great app for getting chores done around the house, getting your kids to focus on areas of their room, etc.
- intuit GoPayment – I love having my intuit card reader at vendor events so that I can take credit/debit card payments on the spot!
- Red Stamp – WARNING – THIS APP CAN BE ADDICTIVE! Send out fun invitations, party reminders, thank you notes to hostesses, shout outs to team members, etc. Just plain fun!
- Names In A Hat – doing an online team or customer incentive where you need to draw a name? Simply enter all the entrants into this app and it will pull a name out of the hat for you! Taking a screen-shot of the name and using it as a photo on your group gives credibility to your contest!
- Hostess Coaching – I am just starting to use this app this month but I think I’m going to love it! Enter your part information, your to do list, your coaching steps, etc. Decide on your timing for each step and receive reminders so that you never again forget one of your hostess coaching steps!
- GoToMeeting – if you ever have to attend a webinar through Go To Meeting, you can add this to your phone so that you don’t miss out even if you are on the go!
- Puffin – a browser for your ipad/iphone that allows you to open websites that use flash
- Take photos of your receipts. You can then organize them and make reports of your spending!
- Pageonce – bill paying
- SnipSnap – save, share, and search for awesome coupons!
- Retail Me Not – because online savings is awesome!
- Living Social – awesome deals!
- Groupon – even more awesome deals!
- Target – because it’s awesome
- Home Lobby – because the owners are awesome (and so is the store)
- Etsy – because buying handmade is awesome
- Zulily – because sales are awesome
- OKay, I’ll stop with the awesome
PHOTOGRAPHY -I love taking pictures and one of the reasons I wanted to upgrade from the iphone 4 to the iphone 5 was the higher quality camera.
- Dash of Color – transforms your photo into a black and white photo and lets you isolate the areas that you want to be in color.
- PhotoPad – allows you to “write” on your photos
- Snap – allows you to type notes on your photo
- Pic Collage – great for sharing multiple photos at once or for comparing before/after photos
- Diptic – same as Pic Collage
- Pro HDR – my favorite camera app if you are taking a photo of something still…don’t try it with kids!
CALENDARS/TO-DO/ORGANIZERS – these just plain don’t work for me. I like my pen and paper Arc planner too much. I tried. I really, really tried. I don’t remember enough about each one to give good pros/cons and so much is personal preference so I’m just going to list some options to look into.
- Cozi – this is probably the highest rated of the ones I tried and many of my friends and fellow Thirty-One consultants use and love this app. I especially loved that my husband and I could share the program so anything he put on his phone would sync to mine and vice versa. LOTS of options. My main complaint was that I could not view the calendar the way I wanted to!
- Life Topix – PACKED with options to organize your life!
- RTM (Remember the Milk)
- Get it Done
- UYH (Use Your Handwriting) – I thought MAYBE this would help me with the transition from paper and pen but the novelty wore off
- Awesome Calendar
- Noteshelf – this is my favorite!
- 53 Paper – for drawing and sketching, this can’t be beat. LOVE IT. I bought the extra pens making this probably the most expensive app I’ve purchased but my kids love to draw and I was tired of the paper everywhere. This way they get to each have their own “sketchbook” with a custom color they pick.
TAKE A BREAK
- Not Always Right – these are always a fun read
- Candy Crush Saga – this game is crazy addictive but you only get 5 lives at a time so it is nice when I need a brief break and I know I won’t get caught up for too long!
- Yelp – great when you are trying to find a particular type of restaurant and the reviews are usually very helpful
- Find Me Gluten Free – if you or someone close to you is GF (like me!), this is a must when traveling and trying to find a place to eat!
GOOD TO HAVE
- Find iPhone – I hate to admit that I misplace my phone…in my house…all the time. Having this app on my ipad helps me to make sure I can find it quickly! You should always make sure you have this option enabled on your Apple devices in case of theft. It won’t help if your thief knows what they are doing but hopefully if this ever happens to you, the crook won’t be as smart as the one who stole my first ipad!
- QR Reader – look for one with good ratings but they should all be pretty much the same
- Quick Scan – I LOVE that you can find reviews online before you buy and I hate making a purchase without researching first. But what if you are in a store and see something you think you might want to purchase? This awesome app scans the barcode (or you can type it in) and then pulls up reviews, online prices, retailers, etc. LOVE! (scans QR AND barcodes if you purchase the pro version)
- Sign Now – allows you to “sign” online documents
- MyScript Calculator – somehow reads your handwritten math problem (including square root and fractions) and gives you the answer. SO wonderful for quickly checking homework!
- My PlayHome – my 10 year old likes this but my 7 year old could literally play with it for HOURS!
- Cupcakes and Cupcake Chef – I will never quite understand the appeal to these but at least Cupcake Chef actually teaches *a little* about cooking
- Sock Puppets – I can’t even describe how much fun it is!
- Flow – I really encourage this one because it is a great way to practice quick critical thinking
- Number Cruncher – gets some math studying in!
- Gelato Mania – Fun visual puzzle
- Where’s My Water – okay, this is one of my favorites too!
- Unblock Me – puzzle
- Cooking Mama
- Temple Run
- Battleship – Just like the board game! Can play 1 or 2 player
- Toca Band – you might even want to join in!
- Bubble Mania
- The Electric Company Game – needs sibling cooperation!
Posted in Thirty-One
Tagged 30/30. power hour, 53 paper, apps, awesome calendar, battleship, best apps, bubble mania, calendar, camera app, candy crush saga, card swiper, checkout helper, consultant, cozi, crosscheck, cupcake chef, dash of color, designer, diptic, direct sales, electric company, etsy, financial app, find iphone, find me gluten free, flow, flylady, games, gelato mania, get it done, gluten free, gotomeeting, home sales, hostess coaching, intuit, ipad, iphone, ipod, lemon, life topix, mancala, my playhome my play home, myconsultant, myscript calculator, names in a hat, not always right, notability, note taking app, noteshelf, number cruncher, pageonce, party sales, penultimate, photography app, photopad, pic collage, pro hdr, puffin, qr reader, quick scan, red stamp, remarks, remember the milk, rtm, sign now, snap, snipsnap, sock puppets, temple run, Thirty-One, thirty-one consultant, to-do, toca band, track mileage, unblock me, use your handwriting handwriting on ipad, uyh, wheres my water, write on ipad, yelp, zulilly